terça-feira, 4 de setembro de 2012

Poppet


I came across a book of old mannequins. For me they represent consumerism: First their appearance chance as fast as the fashion trends. Everything about this dolls change to fit a style, their body shape, their facial features, skin colour, etc. They constantly chance to please; they are being manipulated by consumerism. 
Second, I always found intriguing that each doll as a name. However these dolls are mass produce. It relates to the fact that our individual style is mass produce. That like the dolls if we succumb to consumerism, we became mass produce. When I look at these dolls I see people, people that change their appearance because the trend says so. 


After I start working with these images of mannequins, it was a natural progression to use a thread to represent the manipulation. This thread keeps the pages of the book to fully opening, which gives a feeling of tension. My message is pass on from this tension between the pages hold by the thread and the pictures. There is no need for words; the reader feels the lack of control he or she was on the book.



Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário